Saturday, January 9, 2016


"You got the game. You ain't no chump."
Dec 28, 2015

Thanks to David, our investigator, for providing me with the weekly subject-line of my email! Haha, I took that as a very high compliment! Also, Ray, our neighbor who always comments on how happy we are, said, "I'm happy there's Sisters in this world!" :)

Hey y'all! I know we talked recently, but I am documenting my whole mission in weekly emails so I have some things to share.

1. Well, it seems like Carolyn is making progress after our failed attempt of helping her to understand the Word of Wisdom. Her heart has been softened and since then, we have met and she has told us that she understands that there are sacrifices she will have to make to become a Mormon! She keeps saying she wants to learn more about the Church and those sacrifices. She is really dedicated and sincere, plus she is starting to read The Book of Mormon!

2. We fasted this past Saturday for David and Jen, to help them quit smoking so they can be baptized. David was really excited about it! He is progressing along really well. He is learning to rely more on the Lord for his strength. I see that he is changing because of his daily study and prayer, especially because he is coming to church regularly! We went to carol to him and his mother on Christmas Eve and he said some really nice things to me. He said that when I came, I brought out the best in Sister Blackner and that the Spirit really touched him through us together! He also said that if Sister Bakker and I could get together, we could be President and Vice President. (You guys don't know Sister Bakker, but she is a powerhouse missionaries, so for me to even be put in her ranks made me feel mighty good!) :D

3. Yesterday at 8:30 we didn't have a clue as to where to go or what to do.. so of course we saw a lady walk in to a laundromat and decided to talk with her! It actually went really well. Her name is Cindy and I think we may have freaked her out a little, but it's okay! She responded well when we told her who we are and that we felt prompted to share our message with her. We shared The Plan of Salvation -- that it answers where we came from, why we're here, and where we're going. She responded and said there's no way to know those things for sure. But we testified that we have those answers and it all went good. :) We really do strive to talk with everyone! Oh what fun it is to be a missionary!

Those are some tidbits I thought I would share that made our week good. I am learning a lot lately about the type of person I am and the type of person I want to become. I had the strangest, most simple thought the other day. Although I am nearing the end of my mission, I do not feel like I am done with the work I was called to do. My thought was that I am NOT done. In all reality, I will never be done, not even when my life on this earth ends. I feel that I have great potential (as each of us do -- we have a divine nature) and but a small part of that is being reached on my mission. I have so much to learn still and so much to growth to make. And that's okay! I am happy for my mission that has taught me to constantly be progressing, to become something better. I am grateful for a Savior who helps me do that. I know that His Atonement is personal and real & that He has the power to help each of His children. He loves us! It is the most amazing thing to witness those changes in myself and in the people that I am serving.

I love you guys!
Sister Pound


No comments:

Post a Comment