Wednesday, January 20, 2016

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."

Jan 19, 2016

(2 Tim. 4:7)

Hello there! 

Oh how strange it is to be at the end of my mission. It is the weirdest thing. I am so grateful for this past week. I have felt great fulfillment in everything that has happened! I know that enduring to the end brings the most mighty miracles!

We had Mission Conference with Elder Gong (of the Presidency of the Seventy) on Friday. It was so wonderful!!! He and his wife taught us so much. We talked a lot about how to teach repentance. That is one of our main purposes as missionaries! We have to understand the doctrine, apply it, then help others to do the same. It was a wonderful meeting. I have to say that I have come to understand how great the gift of repentance is! It is the plan created by our loving Heavenly Father.

Speaking of repentance.. DAVID AND CAROLYN ARE MORMONS!!! Their baptism was absolutely beautiful and Spirit-filled. A lot of people commented and said it one was of the most spiritual baptisms they had ever attended. President and Sister Brown also showed up for the occasion! After David came out of the water, he had a tender moment where we clasped his hands up in the air and he just cried. He was so grateful to be baptized by the proper authority. He said he has been dunked several times before, but this time he felt something! Carolyn was very grateful as well. They both bore their testimonies and the Spirit was so real in that room! On Sunday, they received the gift of the Holy Ghost and they are both planning to go to the Temple on February 13th. WAHOO! Doyle came to the baptism and church and he said he cannot deny that we "have something special". He now has a baptismal date for March 11th!

Wow. Saying "see you" to Carolyn was one of the hardest things I have had to do on my mission. But it was so fulfilling. To have someone look me in the eyes and say, "It's been wonderful. I have loved it. You have impacted my life." :') I felt the Spirit so strongly witness that she is one of the reasons I was called to serve in The Ohio Cleveland Mission at this time. I think of the circumstances in which we met and I just know that Heavenly Father brought us together. His plan is so perfect. It's amazing! 

I am so grateful for my mission. I know that The Ohio Cleveland Mission was the best mission for me. Oh how I am grateful for the strength of my Savior; I know that it is through Him that I was able to endure the many long (& many cold) days. A mission has helped me learn that I can do nothing by myself. I need my Heavenly Father. I need my Savior. And I need the Holy Ghost. I know that the things I have done are what He wanted me to do! That is the best feeling in the world -- to know I have fulfilled my calling. Striving to magnify my calling has given me direction and an unshakable foundation for my future! 

I love you all! I am so happy that I get to see you soon. And I am so sad I have to leave Ohio. But I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me! 
Sister Pound 


No comments:

Post a Comment