Saturday, January 9, 2016


"Am I makin' sense or am I just fartin' gumballs here?"

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:19 AM

Credits to Brother James for that wonderful array of words. He said that in a lesson with David when we were teaching about the Temple. Gotta love it!

Hello there! 

I'm sitting here, really trying to think about everything that happened this past week. But this week has felt like it was either two years or two days. Time is a warped thing on a mission!

Here are some cool things:
○ CAROLYN IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON THE 16th!!! She told us she has been praying about it and she knows it is right. She said she is willing to give up coffee and pay 10% of her increase! She actually made it sound like those things were small, but we see the complete change of heart that has come about. When we first taught the Word of Wisdom, she was quite defensive and said, "Tell me who has died from drinking coffee & tea! Ain't nobody!" We decided to focus more on helping her read The Book of Mormon. She started to read on her own and BAM! The Spirit got her. Heavenly Father is the coolest. I know that I am not the teacher, He is, through the Holy Ghost. It is amazing to see her progressing in such a short amount of time!
○ David is having some really bad back problems and hasn't been able to come to church for the past three weeks. :( But we have prayed and fasted and he has gotten a Priesthood blessing. He is meeting with President Brown this week and we are going to work from there. His baptismal date will probably need to be pushed back. 
○ Donald, Jen, and Donyelle are progressing (slowly). We taught them the law of chastity and Donald and Jen are now praying and talking about if they should be married. Donyelle is just eager to learn and is meeting with the Elders now! 
○ Yvonne (our miracle lady) and Andrea (another new investigator) are loving everything everything we teach! I wish my brain could remember more. It is amazing to teach the Plan of Salvation to those who have lost loved ones. We have the answers!
○ We were stopping by a potential, but he wasn't home. We started to walk away, but Sister Riffey had the prompting to knock on the next door. We did and this guy, Reggie, answered and told us that he is having a rough time lately and wants to be closer to God. He wants answers and direction in his life. There are no coincidences in the Lord's work!

Since I know you're all wondering how we celebrated... Our New Year's was spent doing the finest of things, aka missionary work. We bought some ginger ale and took it to Carolyn's lesson and she poured it in some fancy glasses. It was fun. We toasted and had a grand old time. We also had McDonald's for dinner. Mission life. :)

I love a talk I read by Elder Hales this morning. To quote him:
"I testify that if you are there for the Lord, He will be there for you. Only your faith and prayers will cause you to lift yourself and have the mighty change of heart. Only your resolve to be obedient can change your life. Because of the Savior’s atoning sacrifice for you, the power is in you. I testify that as you come to yourself, your Heavenly Father will come to you."

I love that powerful witness! I share the same feelings, that as we turn to the Lord, He does not leave us alone. He wants more than anything to help and bless us. I have seen His help in everything we did this past week. I hope you see Him in your life each day as well!

I love you each!
Sister Pound

No comments:

Post a Comment