Sunday, September 27, 2015

party on

September 15. 2015
Guess what?!? I get to spend another transfer with Sister Blackner!!! We are both really excited because our area is a little bit on fire. As Sister Blackner always says, "Party on!" 

(And of course, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to my brudda, Josh. Another reason to party on!)

This past week was miraculous altogether. 

GIA IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON OCTOBER 11th!!!! We met with her and her mom, Cora, yesterday! Her mom was nice and gave permission. She is going to come to church to check everything out and wow.. it all went really well! I can't believe the Lord is making this happen after 2+ years of missionaries trying to help Gia be baptized. 

Xaveria is doing well -- she is really struggling to know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet and that the Book of Mormon is true. It's hard because we see that she is getting answers, but she has to realize it for herself! We just want to take her to Kirtland! Hopefully that will happen soon.. Even though she is struggling to say she definitely has a testimony, she is excited for her baptism and asked a Brother in our Ward if he would baptize her! Not to mention, she keeps telling us that all her friends are trying to get her to go to other churches, but she responds and tells them that she is already committed to a church!

We have some awesome new investigators -- Richard and DeAnn. They have been dating for 8 years! They are AWESOME. We taught the Restoration and they know the Bible super well.. and they believe all true things! They were smiling so big when we invited them to be baptized (first lesson) and Richard, especially, was so excited to start reading the Book of Mormon! I am so excited to go back and teach them more!

We had a really good lesson with a less active, Sister Ward. She asked us a question about the Atonement. The Spirit was there and she told us about when her mom died and she went to her funeral, she walked up to her mom and put her hand over her mom's. She said that she felt the most pure happiness and warmth in her soul and she loved that feeling. It was amazing to be able to testify to her that Heavenly Father sent Jesus Christ to Atone that we can feel that pure love through the Holy Ghost! She was smiling and just kinda in awe at that fact. 

We also had our Zone Training Meeting on Thursday.. wow. That was jam-packed with the Spirit. I always learn so many things to better the work I am doing and the effort I am making. We got a lot of rule changes from our Mission President. At first, they were really difficult to accept.. like the fact that we can only listen to hymns sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Anyways, Sister Blackner and I are trying our hardest to embrace the rules and work effectively. We are seeing so many blessings and having so many irreplaceable experiences because of it!

I love the talk "Choose Wisely", by Elder Cook, that I read this past week. He says: "I encourage everyone, young and old, to review goals and objectives and strive to exercise greater discipline. Our daily conduct and choices should be consistent with our goals. We need to rise above rationalizations and distractions. It is especially important to make choices consistent with our covenants to serve Jesus Christ in righteousness." I know that that is what I am striving to do. I love setting goals and working on the things that truly do need to change. I know that I have changed so much and that there is still a ton of changing to do in my lifetime. I am so grateful for a mission that has changed me. I hope that I become better able to keep my covenants as a result of my service. I love that Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity!

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church. I know that blessings come to all who follow the example of Jesus Christ. I know that anyone can learn those truths for themselves by praying with faith and real intent.

I love you all! 
Sister Pound

No comments:

Post a Comment