Sunday, August 16, 2015

Aug 10, 2015 

alliance

Hola everyone!

I have, like, zero time left.. my companion is already done emailing! Well, I said "see ya" to Lakewood last week and went to transfer meeting! When they were announcing where everyone was going (we don't find out until this meeting), I eventually figured out I would be coming to Alliance with Sister Blackner. I got so excited and gasped really loudly and excitedly and pointed at her from across the room.. everyone laughed. But really, it is an exciting thing!

Sister Blackner was one of my roommates and in my District at the MTC one year ago!!! I love her so much! We have been writing back and forth our whole missions. It has already been a great companionship. I think we will have a lot of fun this transfer.

I am serving in the Alliance Ward. Back to a huge area! We live an hour from our church building.. Oh how difficult it is to help investigators understand the importance of travelling that far for church! We will see.. miracles happen! Just from what I have experienced this past week, I know that this Ward is full of awesome members. We have an amazing Bishop and Ward Mission Leader. I am so grateful to be in such a good area!

The best experience this past week was with a woman named Marlene and her family. Marlene was a referral from a recently returned missionary who lives down the street from her. Get this: he returned from Brazil and just heard that Marlene and her niece living here are from Brazil. He went over and knocked on their door and invited them to meet with us! How crazy and bold!!! We stopped by and got to teach all three of them about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We shared about the Book of Mormon, Prophets, and The Family: A Proclamation to the World. They said that they want to come visit our church sometime and check out General Conference! The niece said she wants to read the Book of Mormon. Apparently it was a pretty good experience for them because they ended up sending a message to our member and telling them about it! HOORAY! The coolest thing is that the niece had met with missionaries when she lived in Brazil, so I believe she is very prepared to hear the Restored Gospel. Heavenly Father is in the fine details of everything we are doing!

I am so grateful to be here! I know that this is just part of Heavenly Father's perfect plan for me and for His other children that I will be privileged to serve.

I love you all! xoxo,
Sister Pound


"Trust God and believe in good things to come. . . Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

New address is:
189 Surrey Lane
Canfield, OH  44406


No comments:

Post a Comment