Sunday, July 5, 2015

June 29, 2015

Hola!

I will never doubt what the Lord says in Isaiah 55, verse 8.. Ever again. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways". Oh goodness!!! The changes just keep rolling in! I got a new companion this past Friday. Transfers were last Wednesday and I thought Sisters Norton, Abbott, and I would be staying together for a whole transfer. Well, we figured out that Sister Whearley (my new companion -- she was in my district in Lima) would be coming back to the mission soon.. and it was very soon! Like, Friday soon! We got a call from the Assistants saying that my new companion was coming that day. Oh, mission life is a roller coaster! There are no constants, I'm pretty sure, other than our purpose.

I am grateful Sister Whearley came because I think my mind was about to explode taking over two areas. We were running back and forth and seeing all kinds of people! We had two phones and they just kept ringing, ringing, ringing. (There was one night where I was trying to fall asleep and our ringtone was just playing in my head over and over again.)

The best thing that happened this past week was when Bess asked about Patriarchal Blessings and we go to teach more about that. She said that is one of her immediate goals. I'm so excited for her recent progression! We did have many good things happen, but I think my mind is just turning towards some kinda sad things. For one, Judy dropped us over the phone. She doesn't want to meet again because she feels more comfortable in the church she is going to now. I just cried when she told us. It was like being punched in the gut or something. Then, we had the worst lesson ever with Brother Clark, a returning member. He was SUPER rude and made me cry in the lesson. Then, the next day I was so happy because Carol called and we were actually able to set a return appointment with her (She never sets them because she gets overwhelmed.). Well, she called us later that night to cancel.. So it's been a disappointing weekend. It's been a weekend of adjusting, as well. To a new companion and now to a new Mission President. 

I love the example of the "people of God" -- the Nephites -- where I am studying in the Book of Mormon. There were many who were deciding to leave the church and withdraw themselves from the Gospel. It describes, "Now this was agreat trial to those that did stand fast in the faith; nevertheless, they were steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of God, and they bore with patience the persecution which was heaped upon them." (Alma 1:25

I know that even though right now is a "great trial" in my mission, the patience I choose to have will be a blessing. I believe it is a test of this life to learn how to bear our trials with great patience, continuing to consistently exercise our faith. We have a Heavenly Father who gives us these experiences that we might continue to understand that His will truly WILL be done. I love Him for giving me what I need, rather than what I want. I am learning to think as He does and be as He is! I know that the things He sets before us will shape us into something grand! And we are blessed for every ounce of grace and patience we offer towards our situation, no matter what we are facing! I am learning how to smile amid adversity and to face difficult changes with a positive attitude. It is hard, but it is worth it. We all have to learn how to love living.. because we will live forever!

I love you all!
Sister Pound

funny tidbit:
- "King Mosiah ROCKS!" -me
  "King Benjamin really rocks!..... He's Ben-jam-in (been jammin')!" -Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment