Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 6, 2015

Hello you!!! I hope you're doing well! 

Well, I'm short on time (I think I will forever say this..) and there's too much to tell. But I just hope you all know that really, truly the weirdest thing just happened. A whole year of my life has just gone by, like that. I can't even believe it. I can't explain how weird it feels to know that this week, I have been on my mission for a whole year.. I'm actually in shock. I never, never, never, never... never thought I would make it this far. I just didn't. (And I know some of you probably wondered if I would make it, too. I could barely go a day without facebook, snapchat, etc.. hah!) 

At the beginning of my mission, I always thought of ways I would end up going home -- either for illness or some crazy event that would occur. I'm just going to be honest and say that I don't think I made it to this point without Heavenly Father sending me about a million tender mercies. Oh how grateful I am to be on a mission!!! I didn't grow up thinking I would ever serve a mission. The Lord chose a mission for me and I chose to follow the Lord! I was very specifically instructed by Him to serve if I had the opportunity. It has been a blessing to follow His counsel. I love my mission and I am grateful the Lord directed me here! 

To put it simply, this is the best thing I have ever done.

Top 10 things I have learned on my mission, in a nutshell:

1. Choose to be happy. It really is possible. (Just read Mormon 2:18-19.. Okay, and please tell me how poor old Mormon still had hope in his situation.)
2. Let little things go for the sake of unity. I've learned this one time and time again.. Oh the joys of having companions! 
3. Be grateful.. especially in times of trial. It's a commandment to be grateful, so we are blessed even further as we express our gratitude to the Lord.
4. Eat good food because life is pretty short and we don't have time to be a'wasting. Don't go big or go home.. go home big!
5. "First I obey, then I understand." -Marjorie Hinckley.. 'nuff said.
6. Be kind. Be kind. Be kind. Try to understand other people & choose to be kind.
7. Turn to the Lord because one day you will realize it's all you can do.
8. My mom & dad (& family) are a blessing. Their dedicated example has eternally impressed upon me the importance of living the gospel.. and not only to live it, but to LOVE living it! 
9. Love people and love life. Love God. Life is much better & full of joy as we choose to love.
10. Oh goodness! I have learned way too much to sum it up here.. I have learned to be a better communicator, a better sharer of my talents, a more consecrated servant of the Lord, and too much more. I have just learned more than anything that I want to go to heaven!
 
I love my mission more than I can say! We had some little tender mercies this past week, and oh, my heart just aches when I think of all of the tender mercies the Lord has extended to me this past year. I am grateful to know Him better through serving Him. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17) Classic, because it's so true. If you want to feel of God's love, serve & obey.

I love and appreciate each one of you!
hugs & snugs, 
Sister Aubrey Pound

p.s. I haven't hugged my mom in a whole year.. please hug her for me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment