Sunday, July 19, 2015

July 13, 2015

Hola all! 

I am just going to hit you in the face with all of the amazing things that happened this past week.. We have 5 new investigators and are seeing some progression with less actives. I LOVE IT! 

1. We started teaching Hermana Crandall's friend, Lily, who cried when we sang "I Am a Child of God". She has a Book of Mormon, given to her by Cierra, a woman getting baptized soon who works at the nursing home they live in! Lily also has a Gospel Principles book and is studying it 30+ minutes a day. (Sidenote: Sister Crandall is adorable and prays in Spanglish and always thanks Heavenly Father for letting her "pequenos angeles" to come visit. It makes me smile.)
2. We had a lady, Denise, move in from another place in Ohio. She was investigating there. We had 4 different sets of missionaries there to help her move in. She is enthusiastic about coming unto Christ and has a deep desire to learn and act! She LOVES the missionaries. And we get to start teaching her and pick up where she left off.. Blessings!
3. Linda is another new investigator who lives at the same building as Sisters Melton and Crandall. They gave her a Book of Mormon and we were finally able to go teach her. She loved it and at the end she prayed so sincerely and humbly. She thanked Heavenly Father for allowing "such good girls" to come visit her at the right time and said, "I completely and totally accept them." Umm.. okay. She's a keeper! She is starting to read the Book of Mormon and has tons of questions that are left unanswered by her religion. Wonderful.
4. Back to Sister Melton.. We visited her this week and she is humbled a bit.. well, a lot actually. We sang her "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" to the tune of "Come Thou Fount". She said it was her new favorite! That was just an added bonus to her closing prayer, when she told Heavenly Father she knew she needed to start reading the Book of Mormon and get back to church. 
5. We saw Bess and got to have a lesson alone with her. We invited her to read the talk "Living the Gospel Joyful" and she DID! She texted us a little later and said, "I just finished the speech of Living Joyfully. It was awesome & touched me sincerely. I feel it was meant for me!!!!!! TYSVM". It's just one of the best feelings as a missionary when people are keeping the commitments you extend to them because we truly know doing those things will bring them closer to Christ!
6. We had a man, Kinjiru, show up at church. We came to find out that he left The Church in 2009. He came back with a new quad (set of scriptures) and a Preach My Gospel. He told us that he wants to be rebaptized!!! We will start to meet with him every week after church. He blew me away! He asked where we would be studying from in preparation to teach him. He told us that he would study too and come prepared! He is starting to study General Conference again, too. Too good, too good. 
7. READY FOR THE BEST OF THE BEST?!? We went to Sister Thomas' for our regular lesson.. Well, her granddaugher's godsister was there. Lakita is 18 and decided to sit in on our lesson. Sister Thomas asked us to teach God's plan, so we began to share about the Plan of Salvation. When we were teaching about judgment, we talked about the need to be baptized and how that gives us a clean slate and prepares us to meet God again. Sister Thomas bore a powerful witness that baptism cleanses us and how each week when we take the Sacrament, we can be cleansed again. Lakita just asked, "How soon can I be baptized? What do I need to do?" So we are going to keep meeting with her. At the end, I was bearing my testimony about Christ's power to understand and strengthen us. She started tearing up! She is golden.

I often think that as missionaries, we're really just trying to keep up with the Lord doing His own work. I love seeing miracles because I know when I am, that I am striving to do as Preach My Gospel directs: "As the Lord’s servant, you are to do His work in His way and by His power. Remember that your confidence and faith should be in Christ, not in yourself." I can't really say that any of these miracles happened because of our own efforts, however I am grateful that we were heeding to the promptings of the Spirit and were directed to so much good. Here's to the truth of what Ammon, an excellent Book of Mormon missionary, said!
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." (Alma 26:12)

I've been waiting for blessings that would bring me joy.. and a whole flood came. Please do not ever think the Lord has forgotten you! As our new Mission President, President Brown taught, "Be obedient, work hard, and WAIT for the miracle!" I know we will be blessed according to the Lord's timing and will. I know that He has immense blessings in store for each of us. Live the Gospel and wait for the Lord's promises. They will come!

I love you! 
Sister Pound 

Picture of Hermana Crandall 


No comments:

Post a Comment