Sunday, June 21, 2015

this is what happy is like


Jun 8, 2015

FAMILY & FRIENDS!!!! "TRULY, THE GOSPEL LIFE IS THE GOOD LIFE." I GOT THE BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER THIS MORNING:

We love to see the Temple. We're going there someday.....

Recipients:

Ohio Cleveland Mission

08 Jun 2015

President Vellinga

Dear Elder and Sisters of the Ohio Cleveland Mission

Good Morning in the Greatest Mission in the World.

I am pleased (very pleased) to announce that we will now be able to attend the Columbus Ohio Temple at approved times during your mission.

I will give you the details when we are with you on TuesdayWednesday, or Thursday at our meetings with your zones.


Have a great day!!

We love you.

President Vellinga


I came into my mission thinking I would have 18 months of missing the Temple! Now I get to go!!!! I am so excited. So so excited! I have been missing it so much lately. (It's been nearly a year since I've been able to go.) The Lord truly knows what we need, when we need it. 

Not to mention, this past week just has me believing that I can only ever be grateful.. Grateful for the goodness of God and ALL He is doing and allowing me to be a part of on this mission of mine! I am merely a witness of so many amazing things happening. I am in awe of the Lord's work in the Lakewood area. Every single day I have been here there has been a miracle! The Lord is at work and I am just trying to keep up. 

The morning of the day we had an appointment with Sister Haney (a less active), she called us. I thought that she was going to cancel.. Nope! BETTER. We had met her friend Judy the week before, just briefly. She told us Judy said she felt peace when she met us. (Okay, really?! We literally just said hi as she walked out the door and exchanged some friendly greetings!) Judy wanted to join our "study"! Sister Haney asked if that was alright.... ummm, it is better than alright!!!! Judy came and joined and we talked about our faith in Jesus Christ and introduced more of the Book of Mormon. I am sure Judy is going to be baptized. She has relatives who were members of the Church, namely Theodore Gorka, who painted works for Temples and the Church Administrative Building (see The Lord’s Appearance to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland Temple, by Theodore S. Gorka). Her ancestors are going to help her feel the prompting to read, come to church, and find out the truth for herself. I know that so strongly! I am so excited to teach Judy. She is so fascinated to discover Kirtland. She thinks some of her grandfather's paintings hang there as well. Oh, the best part of the lesson was when she read us parts of his journal. He was a convert and wrote about his story. The room was filled with the Spirit as she did so. She said every time she read his letter (testimony), it warmed her heart and touched her soul. I love these experiences Heavenly Father so graciously allows us to be a part of! I will be grateful forever for how they are changing me. 

In addition, we have another new investigator named Prescious. She has an uncle who is a member and she went to the Gladys Knight fireside we had a while back. I am excited to teach her because she is at such a good point to embrace the Gospel. She just lost her job and really wants to get back into God's word. Another lady we met, Redeem, told us about a miracle that happened to her. She has a baby girl that is one month old. She thought she could never have kids. She said she would be interested in learning more and when we called her she told us that she is just looking for a church that she can raise her daughter in. We were so happy when she told us that! It's the best to see people who are seeking truth, and to know we have EXACTLY what they are looking for.  

Even more miracles: We got a referral from Sister Eddy, another old lady we visit. Our old ladies are on fire with their missionary work! We met with Monique, our investigator we haven't seen in a month and she loves the Book of Mormon. AAAAAANDDD, we met with Carol, another investigator we haven't seen the whole time I've been here. I had only ever talked with her on the phone. She is kinda a hermit because she knows she is gullible and a little vulnerable to the deceitfulness of those in the world. Alyssa, our Relief Society President, ran into her at the park and organized a picnic dinner with her. We had that last night and Carol loved it. We got to answer a lot of her questions. Not to mention, Alyssa is a returned missionary and did SO good at answering Carol's questions. We testified to her that what we are sharing is the truth. Carol is really considering being baptized, but she is scared. She does have a sister that is a member who encourages her to take little leaps of faith. There are so many people influencing her! I hope she will trust and be ready to make covenants soon!

I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting yesterday about seeing miracles in the area. I always love to testify to the people living where we serve that the Lord is working so close to them! I was thinking in Sacrament meeting yesterday, so I had to share and challenge everyone to "Find the miracle"! That is a saying I use each day.. if I'm not seeing miracles, I am not looking for them! I encourage you all to look for the hand of God in your life! If we are part of the true church of Jesus Christ and we are not seeing miracles, then who else will? I know our loving Heavenly Father gives us miracles, tender mercies, and involves His perfect guidance in our lives. He is shaping our lives and He is shaping us! We are becoming celestial because of all He allows us to experience.

I love each of you! Please let me know if there is anything you have questions about or that I can help you with! 

xoxo,
Sister Pound 


STUFF THAT MAKES LIFE GOOD:
- "Perfect is for afterwards. Now is about progression." -Sister Sanka
- "Some see only sacrifice and limitations in obedience to the commandments of the new and everlasting covenant, but those who live the experience—who give themselves freely and unreservedly to the covenant life—find greater liberty and fulfillment. When we truly understand, we seek more commandments, not fewer. Each new law or commandment we learn and live is like one more rung or step on a ladder that enables us to climb higher and higher. Truly, the gospel life is the good life." -D. Todd Christofferson, "The Power of Covenants" (April 2009) Read this talk!!! Current favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment