Tuesday, May 5, 2015

porch sitters wanna talk to us


May 4, 2015

Familia!!! How are you all?!
The weather was so nice this past week! Lots of people in Ohio sit on their porches and I always joke that when they come out, they definitely want to talk with us.. so of course we talk to them first!
Some updates on the work in St. Marys:
- We started teaching a family - a mother, daughter, and granddaughter! (LouAnn, Michelle, and Chloe) They are excited to come to church to learn how to pray. I am so excited about this because they are humble people.
- We got to finish up the Restoration with Jeff this week. When we asked him if he believed Joseph Smith could've experienced what he did, he replied, "Without a doubt!" So awesome.
- I got to go on exchanges up to Bowling Green this week and go biking for the first time ever as a missionary!!!! It was scary.. and yes.. I bled. :) We saw an investigator named Tracy, who LOVES Christ and the missionaries. She has been taught for over 6 months and has never come to church. We talked a lot about Christ and his suffering for us and at the end asked her if she was coming to church this Sunday. She said, "I don't know.. We'll see." So then, being a genius, I said, "We just talked about Christ and all He did for us! He spent His whole life for you, you can spend one hour at church for Him!" Now I am known as Sister Guilt-Tripper, but she said she would come! :) Sometimes I can't catch my brain up with what my mouth is saying. Woops!
- Update on Amy from last week. We went back and she just said, "I've looked into it and I'm staying with what I believe." So you see, many miracles that we find are short-lived, but they are miracles nonetheless. We were able to share the Restoration and the Book of Mormon with her and now she has the ability to act on it!
I have been able to reflect a lot the past week on all the Lord is doing in my life. I was reading in Jacob 5.. Goodness gracious! The Lord is at work. He is doing all He can in our lives. I am ever so impressed with how much He reaches out to us! I hope I am always grateful enough to notice the good things happening. I hope I am always grateful enough to act on my faith in obedience to the commandments. Boyd K. Packer said, "We find safety and security for ourselves and our children in honoring the covenants we have made and living up to the ordinary acts of obedience required of the followers of Christ."
Live up to "ordinary acts of obedience"  each day of your life! Don't make excuses for putting off scripture study, daily prayer, family home evening, and other things the Prophets (and our Savior) have asked of us. If you feel that your load is too much, rely on Christ's Atonement to help you become better. Doing small & simple things will bless your life beyond belief! I love this quote about Christ's power in our lives:
"Because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice, [the Savior] has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy. He can reach out, touch, succor, heal, and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do relying only upon our own power." -David A. Bednar
Rely on Him to help you!
May the fourth be with you! I love you all!
Sister Pound
P.S. Fun fact: We met a former, Dave. He "reads" handwriting and can tell you about yourself just from looking at the word "little". I have some sort of psychic ability, am well-balanced, always do the right, and help others to do the right, apparently. It was a funny experience!

A LITTLE INSPIRATION THAT KEEPS ME GOING:
"Celebrate any progress. Don't wait to get perfect." -Ann McGee-Cooper
- "Heavenly Father does not play favorites." -Sister Jackson
- "There is nothing wrong with this church. Absolutely nothing." -Jim Felver
- "We're the limiters!" -Brother Parsons, on belief/faith in God's power.
- Joel, our recent convert, was telling us about an experience sharing the gospel with a co-worker. His co-worker jokingly told him that he was "Joel with passion" as they were talking about the Gospel. Joel was like, "Yeah, THIS is what I care about.. not gel! 'Oh, blueberry, yay!'" (He works in a Jello factory type thing.)
- "Who are you, and who are you becoming?" -Lawrence E. Corbridge
- "If you want the mind and will of God, get it!" -Brigham Young
- "Wherefore, settle this in your hearts, that ye will do the things which I shall teach, and command you." -JST Luke 14:28
- Sister Jackson and I visited a nursing home and the cutest, flirty old man sang "You are My Sunshine". It warmed my heart. :)
- "Each day we decide the degree of our discipleship." -Larry S. Kacher





















No comments:

Post a Comment