Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Hasta la vista, ninganings!"


(Translation: "See you later, baby!" Spanish + Marshallese.)

May 12, 2015

Hello everyone! Happy Monday!

GUESS WHAT?!?!? By tomorrow this time I will be in my third area. MY THIRD AREA!!! I can't believe it! It's my time to be transferred again. Of course I am sad to leave St. Marys. I love the people. Most of the missionaries I talk to say that when they are being transferred, they feel they have done what they could in their area. I don't think I will ever feel that way. I always feel like there is more work to be done, but I know the work will move forward with someone else who is called to be here. I have done so much with the Lord's help. I find myself thinking about after my mission. Sometimes I am scared that the people I served won't remember me.. but I think now I don't mind if the people forget me, I just hope I will always remember them, what they taught me, and how I have changed because of that. ("Who am I today because of what I now believe?")

It was a wonderful week here in St. Marys! We did all we could this week to reach our goals we set. It was amazing to see the Lord's hand in finding new people to teach and talk with! I love sharing the gospel with so many different individuals. The best things that happened were little, but oh-so significant to me. The Sisters are going to start having weekly FHE with the Mohrman family. The Felvers told us that they have a goal to go back to the Temple and that they are working on it. I was so happy to hear that. We have also been sharing a "Family Mission Plan" with members and the Pharr's ended up being amazing. I also got to Skype with my momma and dad and brother on Mother's Day! I loved this past week.

St. Marys has taught me to rely on the Lord in HIS work. It has taught me to be patient and humble if I want the Lord's guidance. It has taught me to talk with everyone and to be kind. It has taught me to be bold and loving for the sake of other's salvation. Oh, how I am grateful for those lessons and the ones I am just beginning to learn! I am excited!

Make it a good week. :)

xoxo,
Sister Pound


Good quotes:
- "I'm like cow poop... once you see me, you'll see me everywhere!" -Jim, a guy in an electric wheelchair that we met. We always see him zooming around town!
- "Please gives us signs or show us that this is of your liking." - Jeff, praying about the Book of Mormon.
- "That is probably one of the best films we've seen. Jeff was sitting there, tearing up." -Sister Longsworth, about watching Prophet of the Restoration.
- "I just need to do it. I need to get back to church." -Sister Longsworth
- "You done a lotta good while you were here." -Brother Yule, Branch Mission Leader.

"The Temple of Tolerance" in Wapak...Some guy built this in his backyard....eerie feelings. THIS IS A HUGE PLACE. I wish you could see it in person..

No comments:

Post a Comment