Sunday, April 19, 2015


HALFWAY....Howdy y'all!!! 

April 13, 2015
Exciting news update: I have officially served half of my mission! Can you believe it?!? I still feel new, so I tell everyone I'm new.

(I wanted to do something clever, like "things I could have only learned from serving a mission in Ohio" or whatever, but really.. ain't no Sista missionary got time fo' dat! Someday I'll be creative and think ahead of Preparation Day.)

I'm so good! I am so grateful for the warmer weather! It hit 70 yesterday! Everything just seems better.. though it might just be because I am focusing on recognizing the Lord's hand. We are applying so much that we have learned from Zone Conference, General Conference, and Zone Training Meeting! We have been seeing the Lord's hand revealed in so many ways and it is amazing to witness.

This past week was excellent! 
  • Josh finally became a new investigator!!! He is this guy who has been coming to church for 6 weeks in a row by himself. He has good fellowship in the Branch, Trey. He and Trey met with President Bissegger after church on Sunday  and Josh said he learned that he needs to be baptized!...... UMMM, OKAY! We can take care of that.
  • Dustin, our investigator, asked us if we could find him a ride to General Conference and then church this week! He came to both. He has been responding a lot more to the things we are sharing with him. A cool experience he had: He was at work one night and had some down time. He said a prayer and was just talking to Heavenly Father, telling him that he was bored and wanted to know what he should do. He realized he kept seeing ads for shoes because he stuffs newspapers with flyers. He had shoes on his mind and had a prompting to look at the Ensign for this month. Lo & behold, he saw the article "Two Pairs of Shiny Black Shoes". Are you kidding me?! SO COOL. So he read it and when we went to see him, we talked about it. It was a perfect article for him! We are helping him on the personal application part of studying. He has yet to truly "liken" the scriptures and things he reads in relation to the Gospel.
  • Brother Maurer realized he feels ready to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. Well, he actually realized that he will never feel completely ready and he won't ever know every detail. He realized he just needs to act in faith! He related it to his baptism and how he acted and that opened the gate to so many blessings. Hopefully he will receive the Melchizedek Priesthood soon and then receive his endowment!
  • Sister Arnett is still coming to church and watched all of General Conference. We are working with her and her boyfriend, Boogie, who is not a member! She has a lot of questions, which is good! I love helping people find answers. As we learn from Elder Russell M. Nelson, "The Lord can only teach an inquiring mind." She knows she needs to change a lot still, but she has been making such positive changes already and is sticking to them! I am happy and proud of her, so I can only imagine how happy and proud of her Heavenly Father is.
  • To top it off, the members have been trusting us a lot more. They are asking us to help them with their various projects and they are allowing us to come into their homes more frequently to share messages. 
I just can't believe how the Lord is blessing the people in our area. The work has been picking up! (Well, hopefully.) We have some return appointments with potentials this week.. exciting! I'll let you know how it goes! Hooray for progress!!! Hooray for gratitude that changes our whole perspective! 

I have been so much happier as I have pondered on the little miracles. Elder Neil L. Andersen asked us in General Conference: "Can you see the hand of God in your own life?" We have a powerful promise from him, as well! 
"As you keep the commandments and pray in faith to see the Lord's hand in your life, I promise you that He will open your spiritual eyes even wider, and you will see more clearly that you are not alone."

Oh, how true that has become to me on my mission! Heavenly Father has humbled me more than I'd like to admit. I really am sad that half of my mission has gone by this fast, but at the same time it feels like a huge accomplishment! Probably the longest I've ever committed to anything! It feels good. I have learned a lot on my mission thus far, and I feel like I'm just going to keep learning and changing and it's a good feeling to know that I can change! Nine months will go by just as quickly and soon I will get to hug you all and we'll have a grand old time. But for now, I'll be a missionary.

Have a spectacular week! I love each of yinz.
xoxo,
Sister Aubrey Pound


A LITTLE INSPIRATION THAT KEEPS ME GOING:
- W.I.N. = What's Important Now
- "If we work the faith, God works the miracles."
- "Great things do not come easily; events that shake the earth run into mountains of resistance." -Bruce R. McConkie
- "If you're not having fun, you're dumb!" -President Vellinga
- "You can be trunky.... for the Temple!" -President
- "Is there anything in your life you need to change and fix, beginning tonight?" -M. Russell Ballard
- "the right way is to believe in Christ" -2 Nephi 25:28
- "Happiness is not perfected until it is shared." -Jane Porter

We saw a sign for a hog roast...... and it wasn't as cool on the inside, but the sign was fun.













No comments:

Post a Comment