Tuesday, March 31, 2015

#LDSconf


March 31, 2015
Hello all!
Another lovely week here in little Saint Marys, Ohio! Transfers are this week and Sister Genster & I are staying together for another!!! I am really happy I get to continue working in this area. This past transfer, our area has been slower and I am just praying and working and waiting for more to happen. I am definitely learning patience and diligence. It is hard many days.

A returning member, Sister Arnett is still going strong! 3 weeks in a row to church! She quit marijuana and is working on cigarettes. After the General Women's Session she texted us and just said, "The conference was amazing!" She said as she was watching she got the distinct impression that she had been letting her doubts overcome the things she knew to be true and that she should stop doing that! MIRACLE. She is making so many positive changes. I love helping her!

I think one of the reasons I am here is to help focus the people we work with on the Temple! I never realized before how huge that is of a motivation for less actives and it really is the best retention tool. It has been good to realize that that truly is the goal with each person we work with. I hope I can continue to be who Heavenly Father needs me to be here in St. Marys. I don't know what more we can do to find new people to teach. I feel like we are striving to be obedient and working. I hope we are doing what the Lord needs us to be doing.
Even with all of my personal questions and concerns at the moment, I take comfort in the fact that we get to hear from a Prophet of God this Easter weekend! Is everyone STOKED for General Conference like I am?!?!? (#missionarySuperbowl)
We gain so much from intently listening to conference with the Spirit. We need to take the words that are spoken this weekend as if the Lord Himself were declaring them! In D&C 21:4-6, it tells us HOW we should receive their words: with patience and faith! Wait upon the Lord for the answers you are seeking, and He will give you what you need. I know that to be true. I am so excited for the things I will learn and that will be revealed to me this weekend. Please join me in watching on Saturday and Sunday! And if you have questions or insights you want to ask/share with me, I would love to hear them!
Here's a little inspiration our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, left with us last conference:
"May we be people of honesty and integrity, trying to do the right thing at all times and in all circumstances. May we be faithful followers of Christ, examples of righteousness, thus becoming “lights in the world.”"
I know that as we watch, we will gain strength and protection for ourselves and our families. We will be given greater ability to shine our lights to those around us!
I am sending Easter love to you all! Enjoy General Conference and share what you learn with those around you. :)
Love,
Sister Pound
P.S. Don't forget to she Because He Lives (helives.mormon.org) on your favorite social media sites! Spread the spirit of Christ in this Easter season. Simply let others know how he blesses your life!!! You will come to appreciate the Gospel much more as your share it.
GOOD(ish) STORIES & QUOTES:
- "Donuts are love; Donuts are life!" -Emma, 14.
- "People are mean.. except for missionaries!" -Michael, 8.
- "[The Temple] is holy unto the Lord. It should be holy unto us." -Howard W. Hunter




No comments:

Post a Comment