Sunday, January 11, 2015

happy 2015!

January 6, 2015
It finally snowed!!!! It's pretty crazy, the high for this next week is about 15 degrees. Snow boots 
and skirts. #workinit This morning for exercise we shoveled our neighbor's driveways! It's fun 
enough for now. :)

Our New Year's was spent doing one of my most favorite things as a missionary: SLEEPING! 
We followed a regular schedule and went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 6:30, and it was a new year! 
We did celebrate on New Year's Eve by going to McDonald's for some ice cream. On New Year's, 
Sister Hunter and I went to the Felver's and had "pork and sauerkraut" for lunch. I held my breath 
and had a bite of sauerkraut because I wanted my New Year's luck that apparently comes with it!

I got to have a full back-country experience and gather wood, then I split a log with an axe!!!! haha, 
the Felvers said that both Sister Hunter and I have lost our "city slicker status". WAHOO!! I have 
been accepted here. :) Sister Hunter and I will be staying together for another transfer. Hopefully 
lots of new, exciting things and miracles will be happening! I will keep you updated. :D

Sorry for the short email and the lack of info on those who we are teaching. I will make up for it 
next week!

I love you all!
Sister Pound 


P.S. This doesn't fit in with anything else, but I got peed on by a dog this week. Life of a missionary. 
Thank goodness I was wearing boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment