Tuesday, December 16, 2014

skunk hunting & cats in blankets


Hello there! 

Well, this past week was seriously wonderful. As missionaries we set goals weekly for how many 
lessons we want to have and such. We reached (and exceeded) so many of our goals! It was 
super impressive. I am happy the Lord is letting me take part in the work in such an awesome area!

I don't have much time left, but here are some exciting updates:

1. Richard came to the Branch Christmas party and to church! 
2. Doug also came to the Branch Christmas party and church.. He has been investigating for 
over a year and this was his first time at church!!! He said next time we have a lesson with him, 
he will tell us the date he chooses to be baptized on. YAY!!!
 
I am so happy and I love the work we are part of. I know that I have found more happiness as 
I have trusted more in the Lord and given more of myself. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that 
He is truly a gift to each of us, from our loving Heavenly Father. I would hope that you all take time 
to discover the gift, embrace the gift, and share the gift!

xoxo & ttyl, 
Sista Pound 


GOOD(ish) STORIES & QUOTES:
- "So, since you're Sisters, you're not allowed to get married?" -little girl at Big Brothers, Big Sisters 
Christmas party. WE FACEPAINTED!!!
-  "A true friend is someone who makes it easier to live the gospel of Jesus Christ." 
- "Say your prayers, rabbit!" -B. Felver, getting distracted as we were about to say a prayer.
- So, we were coming back from dinner with the Felvers out in the country and getting pretty close to 
their house. We all smelled a skunk and Brother Felver just starts reversing in the car and driving 
forward and back and forth, sniffing the air and flashing his brights, looking for the skunk. We were 
legitimately skunk hunting. #livin'instmarys!
- We got a referral for a man in prison.. We're not allowed to teach him, sadly. We were excited to 
have an adventure! (The Senior missionaries will teach him.)
- "Not to be rude, but I'm going to go jump in the shower. I have poop on me."-Josh, former investigator.
- I HELD A CAT IN A BLANKET. Meeting all of the Ohioan's pets. YEE. :D

favorite scriptures lately: Luke 9:62, Omni 1:26, and Helaman 3:35. Purification, people, I tell ya!!!!!! 
It's important!

me and Richard, take 2.  He could do it!



















Heather Felver and I. Her cute pjs!

No comments:

Post a Comment