Monday, November 10, 2014


do it & you're cool.

Hi there!

Well, this past week went by so quickly. We have been out trying to find more people to 
serve and teach! It is hard to push ourselves and talk to every person we see, but we do
it! We have a new investigator and see the good that comes of our own efforts.

Let me tell you about something so awesome! Our whole district is doing something called
the "Purification Challenge" right now. It's all in efforts to become more consecrated
missionaries. The challenge is to begin with fasting and prayer, then make a list of things/
behaviors that "poke at your Spirit", or things that drive the Spirit away.. you know, your 
little pet sins that you hold on to! Then, you fast for 40 days from each thing on the list. 
Each day your report to Heavenly Father on how you did, why you faltered, and ask for 
more strength the next day. 

I am so excited to be doing this! I have been thinking a lot lately about changing our 
behavior versus changing our nature. I noticed that I have changed a lot of behaviors since 
coming on my mission, but I don't know if I am actually a changed person. My natural 
(wo)man still creeps out sometimes.. but I don't want it to! I know that this challenge is 
such a great opportunity for me to change part of my nature and to become an even more
effective tool in the Lord's hands. We have already seen miracles come of this challenge. 

My favorite quote from conference this year came from Elder Jörg Klebingat. He said:

"Acknowledge and face your weaknesses, but don’t be immobilized by them, because
some of them will be your companions until you depart this earth life. No matter what
your current status, the very moment you voluntarily choose honest, joyful, daily
repentance by striving to simply do and be your very best, the Savior’s Atonement
envelops and follows you, as it were, wherever you go."

It is very important for each of us to decide to change. We can never be satisfied with where
we are because this lifetime we have been given is about progression. I know that to be true.
I know that this challenge is a way we are choosing to go to the Lord and ask Him to strengthen
our weaknesses (Ether 12:27). The coolest thing is that the challenge will end a little before 
Christmas. I can think of no better thing to give the Savior than some of my favorite weaknesses! 

My challenge to you all is to do the same. Think of just one thing you can improve on, then
turn it over to the Lord! Go to Him for help and strength. Become a changed person, a better 
person.. a celestial person! I know that as you do this, you will be blessed with greater joy in 
knowing you are coming closer to your Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I love each of yinz dearly.
hugs & snugs,

Sister Aubrey Pound :}


GOOD(ish) STORIES & QUOTES:
- "Boo-ya, shaka laka, baby!" -Bobby
- "I'm not playin' the games no more!" -S. Baxter
- Sister Baxter calls Bobby a "nerdbutt", and he calls her a "ding-a-ling". Familial love.
- > "How would you say Jim's progression is right now?" -B. McLiver
  > "Like a glacier!" -E. Poe
  > "What's the difference between a glacier and an iceberg?!" -me 
  > "Glaciers have caused things like the great plains and the great lakes!" -B. McLiver 
  > "So..... he's doing great!!!" -S. Olson
- "When I do good, I feel good." -Abe Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment