Tuesday, November 18, 2014



da blues

hola familia,

I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED. I cried real hard when I found out last night. I will know who 
my new companion is and where we're serving ! I'll have a new address and new people to 
teach. So strange! It's not real to me yet. I love the people of Massillon a very lot. 
They will always hold a special place in my heart.

I guess I will tell you about my last week in Massillon then.. We are seeing miracle after miracle! 

Firstly, Mary and Troy have a plan to quit smoking by December!!! We have seen her a 
couple of times since teaching the Word of Wisdom, and the Spirit must have touched her
heart! We couldn't believe it when she mentioned it! AH. Did you know that the Gospel changes 
lives? Well, it does.

Secondly, we have found three new investigators who are legit! The best story is Ivory. He was 
an old headquarter referral from 2005 that we stopped by one day. He's this old, black guy who 
loves his cowboy vs. gangsta movies. He wears thick-rimmed glasses and has the coolest little 
salt & pepper looking afro. He kind of sounds like Kermit the Frog/some Sesame Street 
character I can't remember right now, haha. We taught him the Restoration and he said, 
"Well, is the authority lost? Where is it? Who has it?" And of course, we testified that The 
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has it and because it does, it is the true church of 
Christ on the earth. He believed everything we shared and took it as the truth. Prepared people 
are the coolest! 

We had Zone Conference and Stake Conference this past week. I got to see Meet the Mormons! 
It was so awesome! I loved it all. (Sidebar: It was funny to see how all of the missionaries 
were staring at the movie screen.. hah, I don't think anyone blinked. And if they did, it was an 
accident!) 

We got to hear President Vellinga's thoughts at each conference. I loved when he said, "Heavenly 
Father can do anything He wants, so we might as well come unto Him and see what He can
 do for us!. . . I testify that He is worth coming unto." I love doing the Lord's work and helping 
others to see the worth in coming unto their Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. It IS 
worth it. It is worth it to pray and to study the scriptures and to do those things that bring us 
closer to them! I am so happy because of that knowledge I have gained.

xoxo,

Sista Pound


GOOD(ish) STORIES & QUOTES:
- "Swanky!" -E. Poe
- "YEAH, we're Akron South!" -a toast we did as a Zone
- Snow. Snow everywhere! Do you know how hard it is to make snow boots look good with 
a skirt? It's not an ideal situation.
- Keeping a tally of how many times I fall this winter.. Any guesses for a total? We'll see in 
about 6 months..
- "We're gonna FIESTA." -S. Baxter
- "The power of things done right reaches the eternal part of us." -President Vellinga, about 
music
- "Everyone, put your hand over your heart and say, 'I will not cheat!'" -President
- "You have my permission to gag 'em, tie 'em up, and shoot 'em!" -President, to the whole 
Stake (out of context, ha)
- "... So, she's deaf?" -E. Milam
- Alma 30:44 --> "All things denote there is a God"




No comments:

Post a Comment